Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Nine Inch Nails experience


Hello!
I have to confess I wasn't very active in the past few weeks concerning my blog. Things start to overwhelm me as we are coming closer to the end of the semester. However, I can give the best out of me when I'm under pressure, so I have to keep my chin up and chew myself through this. Still the worst thing is that because the semester goes till 5th July, I will miss the show I was waiting for since I was 15 years old. Queens Of The Stone Age is touring with their new album and they are going to play in Sopron and I will sit here in my room probably studying for the oral exam. What can I do?! I have to cope with it that I again miss one of my favorite rock bands. Now we get to the actual topic, Rock'n Roll now.

We all know that America and Great Britain gave birth to the biggest rock bands in history. Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Ozzy Osbourne, Nirvana, David Bowie just to name a few. I now they may not fit in to the traditional Rock'n Roll category, but they all emerged from it. Without them, my life would be totally different. I mean I grew up on these albums and listened them over and over again, till I knew every song by heart. I realized that now that the internet gives us unlimited access to basically everything, younger generations like my brother, don't really appreciate a real CD or a Vinyl. I can remember myself looking on the Vinyls on my father's shelf with astonishment, and even though I was very young at that time and I did not really understand what it all is about (also because I could not understand English), but the music filled me with passion and contributed much to the person who I'm now.

 I'm still discovering the endless alternatives of this music and with endless I mean endless. From underground powerviolence to industrial noise to real Hip-Hop I really like to listen to everything. The band that still has the biggest impact on me is Nine Inch Nails. The leader of NIN (Trent Reznor) is a very talented musician who composed music for movies and games and his label helped many bands in their career. He collaborated on many projects with members of TOOL or David Bowie etc. Seeing him working together with Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters) and Josh Homme (Queens Of The Stone Age) gives me a feeling of enchantment. Since all of them are the giants of 21 Century Rock music, seeing them play together and collaborating in projects is for me still unbelievable.


Take Care,
Harald

2 comments:

  1. Hey there(: First of all, thanks for your feedback on my blog, really appreciate it. I just spent about an hour reading your blog posts haha. It actually is a rare affect to catch me reading without having been forced to. However, I think your posts are pretty interesting. How did you come up with the idea of writing about Crossfit? :D
    By the way, I like your massive knowledge and interest in music. I think music can inspire and influence people in such an awesome way :)
    Regards,
    Alina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!
      It's nice to actually have someone who skims through all the stuff I posted throughout the last two years. Good feeling! I have no idea how I came up with Crossfit. I think it was in the second semester that we had to write posts about topics of our own interest. Currently there are three things that constitute my life: UNI, my two bands with which we have more and more shows, and doing sports. And as I already wrote about my passion for music, I thought why not write about Crossfit.
      Music is indeed inspiring and for me it means fullfilment. Funny because when I started playing music I never thought of it as such an important part of my life. Now I couldn't imagine my life without it.

      Delete